Dental Sealants in Groveport, OH
Children are among the most at-risk patients for developing cavities, especially their back teeth which are difficult to keep clean. It is equally important to protect the health of your child’s primary teeth as it is their permanent teeth. Dental sealants help protect your child’s teeth while they build proper hygiene habits.
Are You Ready for a Uniquely Positive Dental Experience?
We can’t wait to see your smile!
What Are Dental Sealants?
Dental sealants are a thin coating that the dentist puts on the grooves of your child’s back teeth to protect them. Your child’s back teeth are more likely to develop cavities due to the deep crevices and cracks called tooth fissures that are hard to clean. Teeth sealants work by acting as a protective shield that prevents bacteria from settling in and eating away at the enamel of your child’s teeth. While dental sealants are most commonly used for children, adults with significant tooth fissures also make great candidates for teeth sealants.
How Are Teeth Sealants Placed?
Dental sealants are a preventative dental treatment that is quick, convenient, and virtually painless. During your child’s dental sealant appointment, you can expect the following to take place:
- Dr. Pappas will carefully examine their teeth for oral health problems, particularly cavities.
- Next, he will thoroughly dry the teeth that will receive the dental sealant.
- He will then apply a special solution to roughen the surface of the teeth and prepare it for the sealant.
- The teeth will be cleaned and dried once more.
- Lastly, each tooth will be painted with the sealant.
- The treatment will end with the sealant being hardened under a special light for up to 30 seconds.
How Do You Care For Dental Sealants?
Dental sealants are as easy to care for as your child’s natural teeth. To keep your child’s teeth in tip-top shape after having them placed, be sure to help them:
- Brush their teeth two times a day
- Floss their teeth once a day
- Use mouthwash as needed
What Are the Benefits of Dental Sealants?
Dental sealants can provide many benefits to both children and adults. Some of these include:
- Preventing tooth decay and improving oral health
- Being a fast, convenient preventative dental treatment that can be applied during a routine dental exam
- Lasting as long as ten years with good oral health habits
- Being an affordable option that can save you money in the long run
- Providing a discreet, natural-looking appearance
Walnut Creek Dental Can Protect Your Child’s Smile with Dental Sealants
Protecting your child’s oral health is a great way to boost their self-esteem and prevent health concerns from developing in other areas of their body, including digestive issues. If you’re concerned about protecting your little one’s smile from tooth decay, dental sealants may be a good option to keep their mouth strong and beautiful.
Dr. Pappas and his compassionate dental team are proud to offer the best in progressive dental care with state-of-the-art equipment in a relaxing, comfortable setting. We are committed to helping our patients of all ages maintain healthy smiles through convenient preventative and restorative dental treatments. To schedule your child’s next routine dental exam complete with dental sealants, give us a call. We can’t wait to give your whole family a reason to smile bright!