Dental Sealants in Groveport, OH
Maintaining a strong, healthy smile is a critical part of living a healthy, happy life for years to come. With this in mind, practicing excellent oral health habits at home every day is essential. Sometimes, brushing and flossing alone isn’t enough to protect your teeth from cavities. Fortunately, having dental sealants placed on your teeth at Walnut Creek Dental can help keep your smile healthy and strong. Here’s everything you should know about dental sealants and their benefits before scheduling your free consultation with our friendly team.
Are You Ready for a Uniquely Positive Dental Experience?
We can’t wait to see your smile!
Overview of Dental Sealants
Dental sealants are a thin solution that is “painted” onto the surface of your back teeth. This is done to protect them from developing cavities. Food particles and bacteria that aren’t brushed away with normal daily cleaning can cause the enamel of your teeth to be eroded away. This is particularly common in individuals who may not clean their teeth as thoroughly as they should, such as people with disabilities or children. While this is true, dental sealants can benefit the oral health of anyone, regardless of their age or oral health needs.
How Are Tooth Sealants Placed?
Having dental sealants placed in your mouth is fast and painless. This makes them a convenient preventative dental treatment to have done during your bi-annual checkup. If you’re interested in protecting the health of your smile with tooth sealants, here’s what you can expect during your appointment at Walnut Creek Dental:
- The dentist will quickly look over your teeth to make sure that they’re cavity-free.
- Then, they will dry the teeth where the sealant will be placed.
- Next, they will gently roughen your teeth.
- The dentist will clean and dry your teeth once more, then they’ll paint your teeth with the dental sealant.
- Finally, the sealant is dried for thirty seconds with a special light.
Benefits of Cavity Sealants?
Preventing oral health concerns from forming in the first place can help keep your teeth strong for years. Dental sealants can offer many benefits, especially to people who are more likely to develop cavities. These include:
- Protecting your back teeth from developing tooth decay
- Lasting up to ten years with good oral health habits
- Being a discreet, natural-looking preventative dental option
- Being affordable, fast, and painless
How Do You Care for Tooth Protection Sealants?
Caring for your dental sealants couldn’t be simpler. Here are some tips to keep your dental sealants in great condition for as long as possible:
- Floss and use mouth rinse every day
- Brush your teeth two times a day
- Avoid eating foods that are difficult to remove from the cracks of your teeth, such as chewy candy
- Visit Walnut Creek Dental every six months for regular dental exams and professional cleanings
How Much Do Tooth Sealants Cost?
Many preventative dental treatments are covered by dental insurance. For more information on what your dental insurance covers, please contact our dental office in Groveport, OH.
Protect Your Smile with Dental Sealants in Groveport, OH
Is there anything more important than protecting the health and well-being of your smile? We don’t think so! Dental sealants can help protect your entire family’s teeth. At Walnut Creek Dental, we are committed to providing the best in professional dental care to every patient we have the pleasure of assisting. Whether you struggle with keeping your teeth cavity-free or you’ve never had a cavity in your life, dental sealants can help keep your smile healthy for years to come. Contact us today to schedule your next routine dental exam, cleaning, and dental sealant procedure. We look forward to giving you a reason to smile!