Affordable Dentures in Groveport, OH
Even with modern advancements in dentistry, tooth loss is still a relatively common problem, particularly for those with poor oral hygiene habits or genetic predisposal to gum disease. If you have severely damaged or missing teeth, achieving a healthy, beautiful smile once again is possible. The compassionate team at Walnut Creek Dental East can help you regain your quality of life with several restorative dental options, including dentures. Here’s everything you should know about dentures before scheduling a consultation with our dental team.
Are You Ready for a Uniquely Positive Dental Experience?
We can’t wait to see your smile!
Overview of Dentures
Dentures are removable prosthetic teeth and gums used to replace one’s severely damaged or missing natural teeth. With the help of digital scans and impressions, modern dentures can be customized to match the precise color, shape, and size of a person’s smile, providing a natural aesthetic result. Because dentures are custom-made, they shouldn’t slip, making eating and speaking easier, and helping a person feel confident smiling. Additionally, dentures can be held in place by implants for more stability.
Dentures are often needed for individuals who have lost their teeth due to poor oral health habits but can also be recommended due to age, genetics, and smoking. At Walnut Creek Dental East, we offer three types of dentures to meet your unique needs:
- Partial Dentures: If you are missing several teeth, partial dentures can replace them while leaving your remaining teeth intact.
- Complete Dentures: If you are missing all of your teeth, complete dentures can replace a full set.
- Implant-supported dentures: Dentures supported by dental implants are one of the most stable and permanent tooth replacement options and can replace a few teeth or a full set.
How Do Dentures Work?
One of our doctors will determine if dentures are a good option for you by performing an examination. If he recommends conventional dentures to restore the function and appearance of your smile, here’s what you can expect:
- If you have any teeth that need to be extracted to make room for your dentures, the dentist will remove them before making an impression of your mouth.
- He will then take a digital scan or impression of your mouth to send to the dental lab, where your dentures will be created.
- After your dentures have been made, the dentist will ensure that they fit securely and make adjustments if needed.
Benefits of Dentures
Nobody wants to live with a damaged smile. With dentures, you can improve the way you look and feel. Here are just a few of the benefits that dentures can offer:
- Enhancing the natural appearance of your teeth
- Making speaking and chewing easier
- Improving your oral health
- Boosting confidence
- Relieving oral discomfort caused by damaged or missing teeth
Can Dentures Look Normal?
Because they are customized to fit your mouth securely and match the natural aesthetic of your teeth perfectly, dentures should look perfectly normal. It’s essential to communicate your aesthetic goals with the dentist before your dentures are made to ensure you achieve the best results possible.
Do Dentures Feel Normal?
At first, dentures may feel odd in your mouth, and in some cases, can be slightly uncomfortable while your mouth adjusts to them. With time, however, they should feel both normal and comfortable. If your dentures hurt or don’t feel normal over time, there may be an issue with how they fit. If your dentures are causing pain, please schedule a follow-up appointment to have them readjusted.
Cost of Dentures
The cost of your dentures will depend on your dental insurance plan. Please contact our dental office for information on what your insurance policy includes.
Walnut Creek Dental Can Restore Your Smile with Dentures
You deserve to have a healthy smile! If you’re missing several or all of your teeth, dentures can help restore your smile’s health, function, and appearance. Contact our Groveport Ohio Dental Office today to schedule your consultation.