Efficient Preventive Dentistry at Walnut Creek Dental
A healthy smile makes everything better. One of the first things you were taught as a child is to brush your teeth. As the foundation of your entire body, the mouth always needs tender loving care. While daily brushing and flossing are necessary for a healthy mouth, you may need specialized preventive dentistry services from a professional dental clinic. Who better than Walnut Creek Dental to provide you with personalized preventive dentistry services that will leave you smiling.
Are You Ready for a Uniquely Positive Dental Experience?
We can’t wait to see your smile!
What is Preventative Dentistry?
It’s the combination of home dental practices and professional procedures done by a dentist to prevent oral health problems such as teeth decay and gum disease. It involves routine check-ups to ensure all is well with your mouth. Without proper preventive dental care, you may end spending thousands of dollars to restore your teeth.
Benefits of Preventative Dentistry
Coming for regular dental checkups at our state-of-the-art dental clinic in Groveport, OH will give your teeth a strong foundation. Some important benefits of preventive dentistry include:
- Teeth cleanings – Apart from daily brushing, you require your teeth to be professionally cleaned. During a dental cleaning procedure (prophylaxis)., our dental hygienist will remove plaque, stains, and tartar from your teeth which if left to build up may lead to teeth decay.
- Dental exams – From a simple quick check to a comprehensive exam, our dentist will look at every tooth to ensure everything is a good condition. The doctor is alert and experienced in red flags that may signal dental problems in the future.
- Fluoride treatments – Fluoride is an essential mineral that helps build your teeth’ enamel. Over time, the fluoride wears out and needs replenishing. At our clinic, we have high-quality fluoride gel, mouthwash, and rinse which will strengthen and provide the necessary enamel.
- X-Rays – We are equipped with advanced radiography machines that provide a comprehensive evaluation of your teeth. The X-ray images show the interior state of your teeth and gums including changes in the bone structure
Preventive Dental Care at Home
You also have a role to play in keeping your teeth in top shape. While it’s highly recommended to come in for regular dental check-ups and screenings, the following are simple home dental practices that you need to do:
- Daily brushing – Ensure to brush your teeth at least twice a day (preferably morning and before going to bed. Always use fluoride-approved toothpaste. Don’t forget to brush your tongue.
- Flossing – Daily flossing removes dirt and plaque stuck in the spaces between your teeth. Doing so prevents the growth of bacteria and infections that may lead to tooth decay.
- Fluoride mouthwash – Investing in a fluoride mouthwash will strengthen your teeth’ enamel and prevent any decay.
Cost of Preventive Dental Services
We can’t provide a blanket cost of preventive dental procedures since each patient’s needs are unique. However, at Walnut Creek Dental we are committed to providing affordable dental services in Groveport and surrounding areas. We are in-network with major insurance companies. We can also customize a friendly payment plan to ensure finances don’t lock you out of quality dental healthcare.
Visit Us Today
Are you looking for any of the above preventive dental services? Book a dentist appointment today, and let’s walk with you on your dental health journey.