What is a Cosmetic Dentist?
What is a Cosmetic Dentist?
A general dentist is responsible for preventing and treating common dental diseases, such as cavities and gum disease. Their primary concern is to restore and maintain the health of your teeth and gums. A cosmetic dentist has undergone additional dental training to specialize in enhancing your smile. They offer dental treatments ranging from minor repairs to complex surgeries that change the shape, color, and size of your teeth.
Problems Cosmetic Dentistry Can Resolve
Cosmetic dental work isn’t just for celebrities or people who are wealthy. It has become more convenient and affordable than ever before, which means that no matter what you’d like to change about your smile, chances are there is a cosmetic dental procedure that can help bring your vision to life. Some of the most common cosmetic oral health concerns we resolve at Walnut Creek Dental include:
- Stained teeth
- Missing teeth
- Chipped, broken, or cracked teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Decayed teeth
- Gapped teeth
Types of Cosmetic Procedures
Our Groveport, OH dental office is proud to provide the best in cosmetic dentistry services to help you achieve the attractive smile you’ve always wanted, including:
- Teeth Whitening: This uses a professional-strength whitening solution to lift stains and discoloration from the surface of your teeth caused by consuming certain foods and age.
- Porcelain Veneers: These thin, tooth-colored shells are adhered to the front of your damaged teeth to improve the appearance of your teeth.
- Dental Crowns: These tooth-colored “caps” are placed over damaged teeth to protect them, restore their normal function, and improve their natural appearance.
- Invisalign: This discreet, convenient treatment can improve the appearance of crooked teeth in as little as 12 months.
- Smile Makeover: This combines two or more different procedures catered to the unique needs of your mouth to help you achieve a more radiant smile.
Tips to Choose a Cosmetic Dentist
Choosing a cosmetic dentist who is both experienced and qualified is the best way to help you receive the best results possible. With this in mind, it’s worth your time researching who will perform your cosmetic dental procedures before your appointment. Keep these tips in mind to find the right cosmetic dentist for you:
- Ask to see what credentials and qualifications they have to perform the particular procedure you’re interested in undergoing.
- Ask your family and friends which cosmetic dentist they used for similar treatments.
- Read reviews online from the actual patients of the cosmetic dentist you’re interested in using.
Schedule Your Cosmetic Dental Consultation at Walnut Creek Dental
At Walnut Creek Dental, we understand how important maintaining a beautiful smile is. Our dentists have undergone the necessary training to perform modern cosmetic dental procedures in a safe, comfortable environment. If you’re tired of living with teeth that are discolored, misshapen, crooked, or damaged, don’t wait to schedule your free consultation with our compassionate dental team. You won’t believe how simple and convenient enhancing the appearance of your smile and boosting your confidence can be!
Michael Pappas, DDS, MBA
Dr. Michael Pappas, a distinguished Ohio-based dentist and owner of two local practices, is recognized for his commitment to providing modern, comprehensive dental care rooted in a patient-focused approach. An Ohio State University alumnus, he holds a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) and an MBA, and his ongoing pursuit of continuing education enables him to bring the latest in dental advancements to his patients. When not engaged in his profession or serving in leadership roles within dental organizations, Dr. Pappas is an active community member who enjoys physical activities and the companionship of his therapy dog, Roscoe.